Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Electric Run

I ran my first 5k of the year this weekend. Well, let me rephrase that, I had my first 5k (I mainly walked lol). It was soo much fun! I got to walk with some great friends and it was a nice start to all the 5ks I've already signed myself up for. Looking forward to getting better and having more fun :)

Jenna and I before

Natalie and I before

We loved all the lanterns in the trees.. Natalie and I, no flash

Natalie and I, with flash

Jenna and I, without flash

Jenna and I, with flash (see the pattern there lol)

these arches totally lit up along with the music.. so instead of having embarrassing pictures taken of my terrible dancing, I posed ;)

You can't really tell, but that's me at the finish.. yay!!

I love how crazy everyone and everything looks under black light

7 comments:

  1. That looks like sooooo much fun!!! We did a mud run last year... never again lol. Hardest 3 1/2 miles and I mostly walked them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my first mud run last year too. It was super hard and I walked most of it as well.. BUT I rather enjoyed it and it sorta made me feel like I had accomplished something lol. I think I'm doing one in April. Maybe I'll be able to at least go a little bit faster this year ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! We did one before we moved from San Diego, Hubby ran and I sped walked with the stroller :)

    I wanted to invite you to stop by our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop, it runs Friday night through the end of Monday! Come stop by and link up if you have some time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/01/meet-greet-blog-hop-weekend-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think 5ks like this one are just so fun. Its more about the experience rather than the speed. I can totally fit in with that since I'm no runner yet.

      I just checked out the Blog Hop, looks fun! Think I will have to join because I'm always looking to meet new people! Thanks for the info :)

      Delete
  3. I could definitely get behind a glow-in-the-dark 5k! So fun! Congrats on completing your first race...it doesn't matter whether you walked or ran...you did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like a big party (that at times made me feel a little old haha) and sooo much fun! It's my fourth 5k, but my first this year. But I feel like this is the year that I'm gonna run one and rock it out :)

      Delete
  4. That looks like so much fun!!! I love 5K's. I have one on the 23rd and I am super excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete